Friday, July 22, 2011

Progress So Far

It is July 22, 2011 and my thesis is due written and designed in a little less than 5 months. I'm not gonna lie; I'm a little panicky.

Essentially, I'm pursuing a topic that is very close to my heart (not to mention my uterus) and while I'm gathering information, I'm appalled by some of the information that I'm reading and it's a cause I want to fight for I can't say that I'm getting the golden idea just yet. I'm trying to take all the information, random ideas I come up with and see if I can somehow fuse it all. There are so many ideas and information running through my head right now that I don't know what to do with it all.

Here is something that I came across and figured it was worth writing about, especially if it ends up inspiring me: 50 Guerilla Marketing Tactics You Should Be Using

Sticky Notes – Another way to use your stamper or even your printer. Sticky notes are noticeable anywhere because people know what they’re for; notes. Put these on local business doors, offices, cars, or above mail boxes in apartment complexes and people will take notice.

So many stamps – Looking for a way to get noticed in the huge pile of advertising mail potential clients get? Send your promo material in a big manilla envelope and put 39 – 1 cent stamps on it. Out of 100 envelopes, who’s do you think will catch the eye first?

Fake publicity stunt – you could have people picket your storefront with signs that read “This business is too nice” or “Company X is too good at their job”. Theres a million fake publicity stunts, use your imagination and I bet it’ll work no matter how weird or out of the box it seems.

Temporary Tattoos – I seen a post on some guerrilla marketing ideas over at Daily Bits and they talked about this as well. These tattoos will last for X amount of days and would be perfect for blog expos or other events where tons of people will be. Placing it in a weird place (forehead, neck, full back, foot, ect) is also a great way to get it noticed. Hey, if people talk about it, thats the whole point right?

Window decals – get a custom printed window decal on your car with your logo/website and possibly a slogan. looks professional, and is great for red lights.

I highlighted the ones that I thought I could most realistically use, if I went about it in the printed sense, for the most part. The wheels are turning, but I'm still waiting for my "A-ha!" moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment