Monday, August 8, 2011

A nod to the open-minded religious individuals

"Making the decision to have an abortion may have been difficult for you, but God understands that life is complicated and sometimes there aren't clear cut answers to life's most difficult questions."




I wanted to take a moment to recognize those are highly involved in their religion, spirituality and belief in God, but don't hold the same views on abortion as the judgmental ideological crazies you see in front of abortion clinics, yelling at women and telling them they will burn in hell.

There are individuals who are very involved in their religious beliefs who also hold a firm belief that abortion is a personal choice and that each woman should be able to make it for herself.

I wanted to be sure to acknowledge these individuals so as not to alienate them or group them into a mass of religious fanatics when they don't belong there. Just as I think it's incredibly unfair for a religious individual to judge me on my decisions, I don't want to judge others purely based on the fact that they hold firmly to their religious beliefs. The fact is that we don't know how people truly feel or think until we ask. For those who belong to this group, we hear you and we thank you for your openness.


For my first blog entry which describes the purpose of my blog, please click here.                                  




No comments:

Post a Comment