Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cristina Chiappini

I think I may have found my design idol, especially with regard to women's reproductive rights. Cristina Chiappini  is a graphic and media designer based in Rome and Traviso. She is experienced in corporate identity and web design for a myriad different avenues but what struck me most about her is her humanitarian campaigns.

The Uterus is ours and the government controls it was a slogan Cristina coined in designing a poster for the exhibitions "Stanze" (Rooms) organized from AIAP Italian Association of Communication Design. She was inspired by the 1970s feminist slogan "The uterus is mine and I do what I want with it"



Edit: It's official - I will be meeting Cristina while I'm in Italy this summer at the SVA Masters Design Workshop. SO PSYCHED!!!!



If you are just beginning to read my blog, here is the first post that briefly describes the purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment