Thursday, March 24, 2011

Celebrities & Reproductive Rights

I began searching for  celebrities who take stances on reproductive rights. As if I needed another reason for House to be one of my favorite shows - I remembered this ad I saw a while back starring Lisa Edelstein.

Pro-Choice

Lisa Edelstein (MoveOn.org)


According to an interview with WashingtonPost.com (written by Liz Kelly)  Edelstein had the following to say about reproductive rights:

"My opinion's no more important than anyone else's. It's just that I have the ability 
to have access to more ears when I speak because of my job."

I plan to research more on this topic, but also came across Morgan Fairchild, and I saw Kathleen Turner speak at the Planned Parenthood rally I attended in NYC back on February 26th. 


With regard to pro-life celebs, I am aware that there are many in this category as well. However, on one website I saw Mel Gibson listed as a supporter. I don't even think this is worth addressing when it comes from an openly sexist anti-Semite. Pro-lifers, you can KEEP this celebrity on your list of supporters!


More to come on this topic.


If you are just beginning to read my blog, here is the first post that briefly describes the purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment