Thursday, March 31, 2011

This guy is awesome

All right, so I don't really know too much about this blogger personally but I can see through this blog entry he posted back in February that he's educated, open minded and doesn't believe that a patriarchal way is any way for society to treat all of its members equally. He sees women as people: individuals with the intelligence and right to make their own decisions. What's more is that while I know there are many men out there who support a woman's right to choose and do  not feel that they should have jurisdiction over this choice, I rarely see men taking the time to blog or speak out about it. I often see men as passive participants unless provoked in conversation.

Let me quote The Heterdox:

"Being a man I feel that no matter what my notions are on the act of abortion, it is an act and decision which is solely the concern of women as only women can have abortions. To complete this simple syllogism, as a man in this debate, I have no right at all to tell a women what to do with her body even to the extent that I may even be the one who impregnated her. This is an important distinction as it is the very idea or assumption that a man can legislate on a woman’s body from a position of patriarchal privilege...The ethical dimension of that choice resides solely with the individual woman involved and not with society. After all, she is the one who has live with her choice...Just ask yourself, if you do not have control over your own body, what do you have control over?"




If you are just beginning to read my blog, here is the first post that briefly describes the purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment